Street Outlaws 2: Winner Takes All
Company: Team 6 Game Studio
Software: Unreal 4
Platform: PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX series X & S, XBOX One, Switch
Role: Level Designer
Street Outlaws 2: Winner Takes All is a sequel delivering high-octane drag racing in which the Championship takes you all over the US.
I joined Team 6 Game Studio late January as a Level Designer to help with creating the Challenge Maps. Various racing game-modes set in three different environments. As I joined later in development, the environments were pretty much set in stone, but within them I had complete freedom to design tracks for the different game-modes. This also entailed designing the game-modes themselves alongside my fellow level and game designers. Due to the limited time and manpower, I had a stake in all of the created Challenge Maps, and worked on them until release.
A peek into the Challenge Maps
- Ownership of several Challenge Maps
- Designing tracks in pre-existing environments
- The entire level design process
- 2D concepting and pitching tracks and gameplay experiences
- Blockout creation and gameplay experience testing
- Feedback processing and iteration
- Setdressing and level polish
- Participating in game-mode design and level design sparring
- Communicating with all involved departments to achieve the envisioned result
Check out more of the game on the official website!